These are the services we can offer you and your family:
Dental Cleanings & Exams
Routine dental cleanings and exams are essential to maintaining good oral health. During your dental exam and cleaning in American Fork, Utah, our skilled dental hygienists will:
- • Thoroughly clean your teeth, removing any plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) from your teeth that was missed during your normal brushing and flossing routine.
- • Polish your teeth for a clean, bright smile.
- • Carefully check for signs of tooth decay and gum disease
- • Perform an oral cancer screening
We may use dental X-rays to ensure that we detect any existing dental problems. Dr. Bruce Richards, our friendly dentist, will then recommend any necessary treatments so your smile stays healthy.
How often should I visit the dentist?
We recommend that you visit our dental office every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. When you visit us regularly, we are better able to help you prevent dental problems and treat existing conditions before they worsen. We also encourage you to visit us any time that you experience dental pain, notice symptoms of a serious dental problem, or suffer from a dental emergency. WE are committed to keeping your smile in the best of health!
Cosmetic dentistry is a specialized brand of dental care that is comprised of a number or dental services. Each cosmetic dental treatment is designed to improve the appearance of your smile. Our talented dentist, Dr. Bruce Richards, is pleased to provide quality cosmetic dentistry in American Fork, UT to help you achieve the inviting, attractive smile of your dreams. We understand that the appearance of your smile is an essential component of your overall appearance and self-esteem, and we are committed to helping you achieve a more beautiful smile that boosts your self-confidence.
Is cosmetic Dentistry right for me?
To determine whether you can benefit from cosmetic dentistry, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you ever wished your smile was more beautiful?
- Do you ever feel embarrassed or self-conscious about your smile?
- Would you like to achieve a brighter, whiter smile?
- Would you like to correct teeth that are chipped, cracked, or misshapen?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, cosmetic dentistry is right for you. We welcome you to contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule your cosmetic consultation. We are eager to transform your smile!
Dental implants are one of several available options for replacing missing teeth. A dental implant is a small screw or post that is surgically placed in the jaw at the site of the missing tooth. During a period of healing, the jawbone begins to fuse with the dental implant, which is usually created from titanium. Your skilled dentist, Dr. Bruce Richards, will then place the dental implant restoration. The implant restoration replaced the crown of the missing tooth and can improve the function, health, and beauty of your smile. The type of dental implant restoration you need will depend on your unique smile; your implant restoration may be a crown, bridge, or full or partial denture.
Are Dental Implants Permanent?
Yes, dental implants are intended to be a permanent replacement of your missing teeth. Because dental implants are surgically implanted in the jawbone, they are very stable and will not shift or become loose. If you properly care for your dental implant through daily brushing and flossing, as well as regular visits to the dentist, your implant can last a lifetime. For more information on the benefits of dental implants in American Fork, Utah, please call or visit us today!
In sedation dentistry, we utilize sedatives to make your dental experience more comfortable and pleasant. Dr. Richards, our caring dentist, understands that some patients feel nervous or anxious about visiting the dentist, and we strive to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. We offer two main types of sedation dentistry in American Fork, Utah:
- • Nitrous oxide sedation – Nitrous oxide (also known as laughing gas” is a gas that you inhale through a mask during your treatment to help you feel more at ease. Nitrous oxide sedation will not make you sleep, and the effects of the gas wear off within minutes of the end of the treatment.
- • Oral sedation – For oral sedation, you will take a pill before your appointment at our office. By the time of your visit, you will feel calm and relaxed. Be sure to have a friend or family member available to drive you home after your appointment.
We have an anesthesiologist at our practice, so you can rest assured that we have the sedation option that will best meet your needs. For more information on the advantages of sedation dentistry, we welcome you to contact us today. We are committed to providing you with an exceptional dental experience!